At AdBuddiz, we have watched MANY videos from our awesome advertisers.
We’d like to share with you the a few tips to ensure the maximum conversion rate for videos:
- Make different lengths from 15 to 30 seconds. From our experience, 15-second videos are the best performers!
- Make sure to have specific versions for Android and iOS. First, it does improve the conversion rate (because the user can better relate to it). Second, Apple will ban apps that display ads with a Google Playstore logo.
- Less is more: Don’t add too much texts and details. Keep in mind that a smartphone screen is very small and the user needs to understand easily what the game is about.
- End your video. This is the key to get a good conversion rate: show the name of the app, and where it is available (which OS, device).
Attract Attention Within The First Few Seconds
Most advertising solutions offer the possibility for the user to exit the video before the end. As a result, we don’t recommend to display the publisher logo at video launch. It is likely that the user will simply click on the exit button to come back to his game!
See the video as a good trailer: show immediately a great scene, then give some information on the app and where the user can find it.
Show The Gameplay
Show what it will be like to use your app so the user knows what to expect. It should look easy and fun, and use your best graphics in high definition!
Looking for an example? Let’s check out King’s latest video for Jelly Saga.
We can divide the King video into 3 parts:
- Catchy video launch: the game’s goal is clearly stated. It lasts less than 2 seconds.
- Cool Gameplay description: it’s colourful, you get to the next level in no time, and winning is rewarding.
- Closing: OS logos and “free to play” mention. (As this video was posted on Youtube, it makes sense to have the store logos all-together. However, make sure to have one version only with the Appstore logo if you want to promote your game within iOS apps)